CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Watch Him Grow

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

busy and sick


( korbyn with his oxygen)




wow this week has gone by so fast.... we have been pretty busy..... jeremy's aunts are here from new york and we have been going going going!!! but they leave today :( .. hopefully we can go and visit them sometime this year... we can defiantly use a vacation....




i felt so bad.. last Thursday i woke up with a sore throat, and didn't think anything about it... late that afternoon i started with a runny nose.... i figured it was allergies... but later that night i had a full blown fever of 101.8 and had really bad cold sweats... what do u do when ur sick and a mom??? its not like there is a substitute mom that fills in ur place... i still had to be mom and try not to get my poor baby sick.... so i was constantly washing my hands and hand sanitiser has been my best friend for a while but i had to constantly reapplying, hoping it would zap the germs....




even with all my efforts to try and prevent korbyn from getting sick... he is sick.... poor baby is just full of snot... and man he hates getting his nose sucked out... i think he is going to hate the color teal.. because any time he even sees the bulb seirenge she starts to scream... poor baby... i feel so bad, last thing i wanted was to get him sick... oh and on top of it... i took him to the doctors on Monday and they gave him one of his immunizations..( korbyn is allergic to a few meds so they give them to him one at a time....) poor baby.... he got a fever just from the dang shot.... don't we all love our doctors...




on another note... we go to korbyns pulmanologist (lung doctor im not sure if i spelt that right)on the 2nd.... there is a possibility of them getting rid of his oxygen....i am so excited, but i dont want to get my hopes to high... i don't want to be disappointed, if he needs it he needs it... i hate the dang thing because its like a leash, we only can go so far away from the oxygen tank, without having to move the tank or disconnect.....man wouldn't that be nice to go out and not have to lug around his oxygen and his apnea monitor... i don't know how i do it every time i go anywhere i have to lug, korbyn and car seat, oxygen, apnea monitor, diaper bag/purse, and depending on how long breast pump... cant wait to get rid of some of my gear... so lets just all pray that is lungs are Strong enough to get rid of his oxygen....




but despite everything im just grateful he is doing good.... my little man is a trooper.... i will have so many stories to share with him.... i love being a mom... it is the most wonderful thing in the world....
( korbyn at doctors appt)

6 comments:

Cassie Simonton said...

Yea!!!! We are all soo excited that you have started a blog...especially Tanner...he is sitting on my lap just screaming baby!!!BABY!!! and jumping up and down...man he really loves that Korbyn...but who wouldn't he is such a sweetie! Welcome to the blogging world...I knew if we just put that bug in your ear you would finally do it!!!! Yea being persistant pays off;)
P.S.
I need your email address so that I can invite u to the family blog! Love ya.

Unknown said...

Debbie! I am so glad to see that you and your husband and BABY are doing well. I miss you so much! I want to meet your baby, he looks like such a doll! miss you girl. loves... nessa

Jerlyn said...

Debbie, so good that you have a blog to keep up with you and cute baby Korbyn. I'm so happy for you all. Things sound like they are going really well for all three of you. Babies are such a blessing and bring so much perspective. I hope you and Korbyn feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I thought I had it rough will all the stuff I lugged around! I am so happy things are getting better! I feel your pain with still having to do mom duties while sick! After Odin was born I pulled a bicep got strep throat! You figure it out though! Love ya!

Shiloh McKinnon said...

Hey Debbie! I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi. I had heard awhile ago about you having your baby early and I am so glad to see that he is doing well. I too had a micro-preemie and know first hand how hard it is. Having a preemie is one thing but having a micro-preemie is a whole different thing. My daughter, Kadence, was a 25 weeker and weighed 1 lb. 7 oz. she is now almost 5! We too had a rough road and I have to tell you that although we still deal with alot with her (she has a shunt and Cerebral Palsy (very minor) from a brain bleed at birth) things do get better. I remember thinking that those stressful days would never end but know that they do! We too have a blog and I would love to send you an invite (its private) so just email me. Glad to see how well you are doing.

-Shiloh (Thompson) McKinnon

here is my email: shiloh_mckinnon@yahoo.com

Laura Davis said...

Hey Deb you didn't tell me you had a blog! and I talk to you all the time. Anyways didn't you know moms aren't allowed to get sick! Just kidding, let me know if you need any help.