CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Watch Him Grow

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 18, 2008

wow.... 2 hrs later....

o-my-gosh.... i have been messing around on the blog for 2 hour now... i cant believe it... it just sucks u in... it is amazing how many people have it... no wonder all of my sisters are addicted & have been begging me to start one...

i just wanted to say hi to so many people i have not seen in so long... i have defiantly been living a different lifestyle for the past 5 years..... wow does time fly... but man does having a baby change ur life.... especially having a micro preemie baby!!!!( that's what they call 27 weeker's) we have been humbled so many times with our miracle baby and so many blessings have been answered... i am indeed thankful...

me and Jeremy have been together for the past 4 and a 1/2 years & have been married 2 years and 5 months... in the last year i have watched jeremy turn into a totally different man... A better man... he was a smoker of 9 years, and a partier... but in the last year he has slowly given up his bad habits, & it really has been a blessing in disguise... Jeremy has quit smoking almost 10 months, gave up drinking 5 months... and now has been taking the missionary discussions for 3 weeks... i am so proud of my husband....

when i met Jeremy... the church was not important to me... i really wasn't planning on ever having it be apart of my life and promised Jeremy i would never force it on him... we lived a different lifestyle...and Sundays was our only day off together... forget 3 hours in church... never had any problems with the church, just had other priority's... having what we called fun....going out on the weekends and waking up with the worst headache and sleeping in the next day.... what fun is that...

well while korbyn was sick....i mean really sick..... i was more scared at this point than just having a preemie baby... i really didn't think he would make it threw the night... my dad & my brother in-law Chris preformed a priesthood blessing... after the blessing it was amazing.... the whole room just felt peaceful... at that point we knew he would be alright... After that night Jeremy asked me what my dad did... ???what was a blessing...??? and then lead into questions about the church...??? it opened the doors to him and he wanted to know more about the church????

the last 3 weeks we have been meeting with missionary's.... Jeremy has been taking the discussions.... he has been really accepting... has even been reading the scriptures the missionary's have given him.... and even reading more.... he has asked me cute questions like, how do u pray????, who r the laminites and nephites??? were they the native Americans that lived in America when the mayflower came to the new world???? it has been a great blessing for me too, because i get to learn more about the church... i am surprised at how much i actually know.... i did listen in church an retain some knowledge... i am excited for him to learn more.... My biggest fear is all of his friends are not members and live a different lifestyle & most of my closer ones that i have had party too...( he really hasn't seen them to much since korbyn has been born) so it is nice to see old friends that are living the right way and open some doors to friends that do the right things... so that he wont be tempted to go back to our old ways.... because i know the church is true and i want it to be apart of my family.....so please forgive me for being a bad friend and not coming around....i just felt we had nothing in common, and like i said i had other priority's... i miss u all and hope to hear from u soon......

9 comments:

Rooney Family said...

Hey! I am so glad you found us! This is crazy.I was at Cadie and Randys house for dinner the other night and I asked her if she new anything new about you and your family.Then Cadie saw Bruce at church and asked him about you.Cadie called me this morning and said lets all try to get together with Debbie.Then I get on my blog and there you are.Crazy!! I am so glad to see you guys are doing so well.Your little guy is so sweet!I am also living in Queen Creek. I only live about one mile from you.I live in Pecan Creek South.The subdivision just before the new Frys on Ironwood and Combs.We all really need to get together soon.Im not working so we are home alot too.Let me know if you would like to try to get together soon. Maybe a much needed girls night.

bettina said...

hey, long time no see!! I had totally forgotten all about us calling u fried chicken!! It brings a smile to my face! I'm glad things are going so well for you and your family! Potty training already, wow! He really is a miracle baby!! not at hairdo anymore, I've been at home since having my daughter 2 yrs ago. I do hair from home now! I'm going to add your blog to mine so I can keep updated! It was so good to hear from you! love ya!

Ryan and LeDawn said...

Debbie! That was an amazing post! Thank you for sharing that with us! Your baby is adorable! I am actually coming home in a few weeks and I CANT wait! I haven't seen my family in almost a year and it's driving me crazy!

Things are great! I get lonely sometimes, but other than that we are doing really well! I love my job and Ryan only has 9 months left of school!

MenloveClan said...

Deb! your story was so touching,I had chills thru the entire thing!:) your baby boy is a doll and I agree that they just grow up way too fast! I have not updated in forever but will get on it:) how are you sweetheart? how are you feeling? hows Korbyn doing? gosh he is so cute!:) we really should get together,let the kids meet, im home so m schedule is pretty open! I really hope you are well! let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Deb! I have just been sitting here crying as I read this post! I am so happy for you and your family! I have prayed for you every night and I am so glad things are going so well! The Lord has so many ways that he touches our lives and Korbyn has been your little piece of Heaven! Keep us updated on the discussions, I would love to come to the baptism! Love You Girl! Afton

Marcus and Jamie Yetter said...

Wow! I had no clue you have been up to so much this past year! I wish I could have been there for you. Ohio has been far from home in many ways!!! I am so happy for you! Through these trials you have become so strong, its crazy what Heavenly Father has in store for us some times... You seem so happy, and I am so excited to hear about Jeremy's interest in the church. So keep me posted.... I know all about the priority thing, there was quite a while where I struggled as well.... All that matters is that you keep on going forward =) I am so happy to hear from you and see that everything is on the up! Keep in touch and send my love to the Le Studio gang!

Jerlyn said...

Debbie, I am so glad that Korbyn is doing good. You guys have definitely been in our prayers. I'm so excited to be able to keep up on your blog. Korbyn is an absolute doll.

The Cash Family said...

Hey Debbie! I love blogging and keeping track of everyone! I will definitely add you so I can see that cute little boy of yours! Darren, he's a good kid with different priorities. I was so touched by your post with Jeremy. I think some times we, (I) take the church for granted and don't know what we really have. When you are taught the right ways of living and have that understanding of our loving Heavenly Father you can't help but be grateful for all his blessings. Please keep us updated on those discussions! How exciting is that!! Give your love to Starr and Bruce for me!

Anonymous said...

I feel ur pain about leaving! No matter what u do, their feelings will be hurt! If you are looking for a new place, we could always use you at XS! They are great about working with your schedule and you can even rent if you would like! I love you honey and I miss you too!